RTFhawk is an advanced autopilot system designed by the PX4 open-hardware project. It features advanced processor and sensor technology from ST Microelectronics® and a NuttX real-time operating system, delivering incredible performance, flexibility, and reliability for controlling any autonomous vehicle.
The benefits of the RTFhawk system include integrated multithreading, a Unix/Linux-like programming environment, completely new autopilot functions such as Lua scripting of missions and flight behavior, and a custom PX4 driver layer ensuring tight timing across all processes. These advanced capabilities ensure that there are no limitations to your autonomous vehicle. RTFhawk allows existing APM and PX4 operators to seamlessly transition to this system and lowers the barriers to entry for new users to participate in the exciting world of autonomous vehicles.
The flagship RTFhawk module will be accompanied by new peripheral options, including a digital airspeed sensor, support for an external multi-color LED indicator and an external magnetometer. All peripherals are automatically detected and configured.
Documentation and User Guides
Note: RTFhawk is a PPM-input autopilot, which means that it gets RC input from a single cable to the receiver, either via the PPM port, the Futaba S.BUS port, or the special satellite receiver port for Spektrum gear. Most modern RC receivers allow for PPM output, but some, such as non-S.BUS Futaba receivers, do not. If your receiver does not support PPM output, please add a PPM encoder boardoption to your order below.
RTFhawk includes: Board ver. 2.4.5 no pbc changes from 2.4.3, just 4 cap values have changed. now come with backup battery Installed
all the boards will be solder / and updated for plug and play/ battery installed.
100% compatible with Pixhawk 1 to1. download all software from the main website. the normal mission plannner will update the board with no problems
- RTFhawk 2.4.5 autopilot in a case pre-solder, cleaned, and tested.
- Safety switch button
- Extra 6-position cable to connect a 3DR GPS+Compass module
- SD card and USB adapter
- 3-wire servo cable
- Hard Plasic Case
- Pins soldered and tested
- Back-up Battery
- Advanced 32 bit ARM Cortex® M4 Processor running NuttX RTOS
- 14 PWM/servo outputs (8 with failsafe and manual override, 6 auxiliary, high-power compatible)
- Abundant connectivity options for additional peripherals (UART, I2C, CAN)
- Integrated backup system for in-flight recovery and manual override with dedicated processor and stand-alone power supply
- Backup system integrates mixing, providing consistent autopilot and manual override mixing modes
- Redundant power supply inputs and automatic failover
- External safety button for easy motor activation
- Multicolor LED indicator
- High-power, multi-tone piezo audio indicator
- microSD card for long-time high-rate logging
- 3DR uBlox GPS with Compass (required for autonomous flight)
- Telemetry Radios with one-mile range for two-way control, telemetry and datalogging via free mobile apps or PC/Mac/Linux ground station
- PPM Encoder board for RC receivers that do not provide PPM output.
- RTFpower module with XT60 connectors and 6-position connector cable ( for current/voltage sensing)
The Best way to update is to just use the misson planner from the link below just like normal.
1. May 1, 1013 - NEWEST 1.3.1 build 1.1.5229.30673 Misson Planner with Full Firmware upgrade capabilities for RTFHawk.
Support&Questions: RCgroups thread , Great for quick support: also email
Other ways to update/Instructions for Upgrading Firmware on the RTF Hawk: